Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Will I get a gold star?


Had an adventurous week and a half. Have a lot of interesting and good things to tell.

It was great to be out of the hospital Sunday and to be able to go to the church picnic yesterday. Boy, do we have a great group of people. Thank you Lord for that blessing!

I'm still having problems but hope to get them resolved eventually. One thing is that I've been endowed with a cane. So I really look the part now! Cane, suspenders, dark sunglasses for my cataract surgeries. I'm movin and a cruisin!


I'm kind of tired after dialysis so I'll share some other things maybe later or tomorrow.


So, what's the gold star about? Well, when I was about 8 years old my parents gave me a choice between learning to tap dance or play the accordion. I took the latter. Every week after accordion lessons, if I did a good job the teacher would give me a red star (booh), a silver start (not bad) or a gold start (oh yah). Well, today I got my results of my blood tests that shows how I've been behaving.


My previous results are posted towards the bottom of the screen on the right side. But here' this week's results.


Albumin - 3.7 (booh) needs to be 4.0 and above. Need more steaks

Calcium 8.9 (8.4-9.4) normal

Phosphorus 4.2 (3.5 to 5.5) normal..... It has been running 8.1 so that is a breakthrough

Potassium 4.6 (3.5 to 5.5) is normal

KT/V UKM delivered .5 (1.4 or higher) booh.... that's from not having complete dialysis

HGH A1C is 5.79 Normal range. A1C is my sugar glucose for the last 3 months. I have been a good boy in other words.


Thanks for your prayers. Now I just need to start eating more steaks!


Love you all. And Please remember Dwayne, Bill C., Jim P.'s dad


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan, I was not surprised to see you at the picnic yesterday. A matter of fact I told Benita that you would be there after I heard you were out of the hospital. I know what a party animal you are and if there was any chance at all you would go for it. We loved having you and your family there. (along with the other 127 or so people!)
Sorry I did not get to talk any to you but I know you understand with some of my family being there. It sure makes it hard because I especially feel for our guests you do not know many people and wanted to make sure they had someone to talk to. Keep up the gold stars and hope you are able to recover soon from the BIG day yesterday. Lord Bless Mike