Saturday, May 19, 2007

I'm Out!




It's true, the doctors discharged me today.


It's great to be out.


I'd like to say I'm doing good, but that would be lying. Better than Friday though.


It seems I'll be getting my 14th (yes 14th!) catheter. My nephrologist said that was a record. Well, if you're going to do something you might as well excel in it!


Monday or Wednesday they'll take out the old catheter and put in the new. The doctor said it will continue to be a problem because the catheter cuts the blood flow in my body and the surgery in my arm kind of added to the problem.


I had some good nurses and aids and at times had some fun kidding around with them.


Don't ask me about the food!


One thing as I suspected, my dependency on insulin for my diabetes is almost nil. Once things get settled down, I'll need to get it rechecked. I haven't had any insulin at home for probably at least 2 months.


Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. I needed it, believe me.


Let's keep praying for the Osborne's and also I see Jim P.'s dad needs our prayers.


Not sure if I'll be able to come to church tomorrow but I'll try if I'm able.


Love you all,


Dan

No comments: