Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday

Had another good dialysis Thursday.

Blood clot came undone as I was walking out the door.  Had to stay another 20 minutes.

Just when I was thinking everything was ready for the North Carolina trip, I got a call from my social worker.  She said I had to get a chest x-ray and an EKG!  I tried to call back from the voice mail but she was gone for the day!

I'll try to contact St. Joseph's hospital and see if the x-ray and EKG I got in May would be available.

My problem is that I'm going to dialysis Monday so it will be cutting it real close.  I'm leaving early Tuesday!  Phew!

Once I find out, I'll probably have to go to an Urgent care place and see if they can give me the info I need.

Other than that!

I'm looking forward to the 60th birthday party my daughters and daughter-in-laws and sons and mother-in-law and well, a whole lot of people are throwing me this afternoon.  I pray the weather will be good and my tongue would say the right words to the visitors.  I want them to walk away thinking God is a great God and to be a great testimony for Him.

You know, I am so privileged to be alive and to have a great God that watches over me.  And to have a great family and friends that spoil me beyond anything, and for what I don't know, but I love them all for it.  In dialysis the social worker is always asking everyone there (including me) "are you depressed?".   I tell them, "Why would I have anything to be depressed about?  I have a great God, a great family, great friends, a great church to watch over and take care of me.  I wish the visitors today could get even a glimpse of what I just said, and that they will want to have what I have.

Anyway, if you read this before the party today, please pray for me about these things.  And oh, please pray that all the workers there today will not get hurt.  

Love you...! and if I don't see you today, I hope to see you in church!  Services start at 9:30 AM.

Dan

p.s. Please continue to pray for Janet and Al W, and Carolyn about there health problems

No comments: