Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Good Morning!

Getting ready to go to dialysis.  The treatments have been going well down here.  The staff here is top notch.  They take good care of me.  Very friendly people.
 
While I'm down here I'm missing my relatives and friends who drive me to dialysis.  The Lord sure has blessed me with them.
 
Last Sunday, my son Jackie sang a special song about when we get to heaven.  It sure brought tears to my eyes.  One, because it was my son and he did such a great job.  Two, because this world is not my home.  I know the Lord wants me here right now, but I have some loved ones there I'd like to see again.
 
Yesterday the Pastor here lost his brother to brain cancer.  Remember I told you last week how you could tell it was bothering him.  It saddened my heart to see him.  His brother was in his 40's, married with 2 or 3 children.  He was also a pastor.  Jackie told me he was concerned he would did before his son went to college but Dr. Bob Jones told him not to worry.  There college would be taken care of.  You see, pastors families get their tuition taken care of.
 
Isn't that something how peoples' last dying wish was not for themselves but for the needs of others?  It about brought tears to my eyes when I heard that.  God is so good.
 
Well, I'm at the half way mark for staying here.  Time has gone by so quickly.
 
My son and his friends are grave diggers and I've watched 2 or 3 graves being dug and buried.  After watching the process, it really doesn't make much sense to put a casket into a vault.  The end results are the same and it only costs the family more money.  That person isn't in the grave, just their body.  Save the money and donate the savings to your church where it can do some good.
 
Okay, I'm done meddling!
 
Love, Dan

No comments: