Friday, May 2, 2008

You probably thought I forgot you!

But I didn't. Some of you have mentioned that you thought I must not be feeling good because I haven't written in a while. Actually, I have been feeling pretty good the last week. Other than a few glitches in dialysis, I'm doing okay.

Praise the Lord, I've been able to talk to Ken at dialysis. Our schedules are kind of weird, but at least I've had a chance to talk to him. His spirits seem to be a lot better than a few weeks ago when I discovered he was still alive. Please, Please continue to pray for his salvation.

I wanted to tell you a great experience I had when I was in the hospital about a month ago. There I was in the most excrutiating pain I've ever been in (on a pain scale of 1 to 10, my pain level was a 12 ! ). Nothing seemed to help and I literally cried out to God to please take the pain away from me. But I was still in terrible pain with no look for relief. "Lord please take this pain away from me!" I cried and then in the midst of it, I realized that all I was doing was thinking of what I wanted. Lord, if that pain is what you want then that's okay. If I have the pain, would you at least help me endure it?, I asked. It came to me that I was just thinking about myself and not what God wanted.

Once I came to that realization the pain started to subside and within a while the pain subsided to a tolerable level.

What I learned from that, that in all things we always need to be concerned about what the Lord wants in our life and not what we want. Of course, I never want to go through that again, but I am grateful for what the Lord taught me through it.

Please pray for the Sturgills, and for Peggy and Len.

God bless your day!

Dan

No comments: