Monday, October 22, 2007

Mon Oct 22

Just got back from my nephrologist. I've been having a lot of swelling in my right arm and before they would allow me to use my fistula (special arterial bypassin my right arm to enlarge the blood vessels for dialysis).

They performed and ultrasound then an angioplasty. Seems that from all the catheters i HAD there was a 95% blockage to my heart causing a backup of fluids to my arm. The put a balloon in and opened it up to 23% blockage.

So, tomorrow another adventure begins. I get to use my fistula. If that works out then the swelling should go down, then I get to have my catheter removed and then I get to take a real full shower after 7 months. I know you'll be relieved!

Thanks so much for your prayer and suppot these last months.

Love, Dan

No comments: