Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sun. Aug 11 - 10 pm

Sitting here in my secong home - St Joseph's.

I've got to say that they really took good care of me. I'm still wearing my wings I got from the Med Flight crew.

The consensus right now seems to be this:

. The antibiotics are doing the job and so when I get dialysis at home I'll continue that for a few weeks to make sure the infection is gone.
* The pocket of fluid along my 6 inch scar is probably just left over blood from the surgery and the body should absorb it all. Blood tests have shown that the infection is diminishing and my white blood counts are getting back to normal.
* Thre is a good possibility I won't have to go back to the Botsford surgeon. That's a blessing if it happens.
* I feel bad I didn't say good bye to Pastor before he left. I'm excited for him and for those he will reach.
* I had a couple opportunities to witness while I was here. One was a nurse and the other was a nurse assistant.

I hear Hal S. has been sick, so we need to keep him and his family in prayer.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the coming week.

Love, Dan

p.s. on the lighter side

My grandson Spencer was over with his family this weekend. I asked him if his 11 month old sister Whitney can say anything. "She can say my name" Spencer immediately said. "What does she say" I asked. "She says 'Da Da"". He was serious as a heart attack that his little sister called him by name - "da da"..... That cracked me up and I thought, God is so wonderful for bringing children in my life.

No comments: