Friday, August 10, 2007

Aug. 10 - Friday

Sorry I haven't written lately. Most of you know that when I don't write I'm having problems.

Today I find myself at St. Joseph's hospital in Ypsi. I got an infection in my new surgery site and that set off chills, fever, etc. Once I got here they took good care of me. Tabitha, one of the iv nursers drew blood on the first try! I was so happy about that, that I filled out a comment card (or rather Sher did for me). The last time I was here, they took 7 tries before they drew blood.

Why do I keep getting infections? Well several doctors I talked to didn't really know. I guess I'm just more susceptible to having foreign objects inside my body. One nurse told me today that if we knew who would get the infections, they'd just give them antibiotics in advance!

I'm definitely doing better today after antibiotics, etc and don't forget the pain pills. Of course, the ones they give you here at the hospital are through an IV and are almost instantly effective! Hoorah!

Thanks to all of you who are praying for me. It means a lot.

I may get out of the hospital tomorrow after they do dialysis here. They seem to think antibiotics given at dialysis will do the trick.

Love ya all

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you get better!