Saturday, August 11, 2007

Sat.-11:14 pm


Hey I'm still in the hospital. Doing a lot better.


Ultrasound found I have a cavity about 1-1/2 diam along the 6 inch incision made during surgery. It's filled with fluid.


Right now the doctors are trying to decide whether to leave it or remove it. They don't think it's infected because my blood tests are getting better. But it could get infected before the body absorbs it.


One thing I didn't think of but my son brought out was what if during the surgery they didn't sew up the vein properly and I'm leaking blood into that area! I'm going to bring it up to the doctors hopefully in a way that won't get them defensive but maybe get them to think about the possibility if they haven't already.


I'm thankful for my kids.


By the way, during the surgery they removed about 2 inches of my vein they thought was bad and sewed the vein back together.


I had another interesting adventure today!


My IV site quit working so they had to put in a new IV. after a half hour or hour with 2 or 3 people trying to find a vein, my arm started to look like a golf course with all the holes and such. None of the nurses could find a good vein although they tried very hard. Well, they called in the the medic's that flew on the life alert helicopters (MedFlight). 2 uniformed people came into my room and started working on me to find a vein. After a half an hour and more pain I said "do I get my wings for this" they laughted. They ended up finding several good veins in my shoulder.


When they were done the one life alert person pulled out 4 wings for me, Sher, and my 2 sisters!


What a laugh. Who would have thought the MedFlight medics would come into my room, work on me and give me some wings. They were very nice and considerate to even spend some time working on me. If you come by, I have the wings mounted on my hospital bracelet.


Possibly Monday if it works out, they will do surgery on me and withdraw the fluid. No promises as I had the operation at Botsford and there seems to be some politcal issues involved...


thanks for your prayers. Love, Dan

No comments: