Wednesday, June 13, 2007

There might be some pressure...!


Yesterday I had cataract surgery on my right eye. It was considerably more painful but got through it. I could see better almost right away. When I went home and put the drops in my eyes they recommended I started losing my eyesight! That was pretty scary so Sher ended up taking me back to the eye doctor who said I might have too much pressure built up in my eye. By the time I got to the doctor I could see better. Phew! Today I'm some better so that's a relief.


Then I had an appointment with my nephrologist to have a vein mapping to prepare for my 2nd surgery on my fistula in my right arm. My concern was that since my last catheter was exchanged due to the infection, my right hand started swelling. Since Memorial Day it has swollen 3 or 4 times its' normal size.


When the nephrologist did the vein mapping he said the surgery did good but was concerned that the catheter was blocking the blood flow to my right arm, so....


He recommended I get an angiogram and if necessary an angioplasty to try to open up the clogged blood vessel. His hope was that he could put a tube up my arm and blow up a balloon and open up that blood vessel. Here we go again! After stigning the appropriate papers they wheeled me into surgery and performed the necessary procedure.


It wasn't too bad other than some pain and "pressure". The doctor said we should know in a few days how it did. A week at the most. If the swelling in my arm didn't go down they'd have to remove the existing catheter and put it in my left side!


So the moral of the story is..... I'm happy the church had a picnic tonight that I could go to and enjoy the fun and fellowship. The kids got a big kick out of me wearing my pirate patch.


I am so thankful for the church God has brought me into!


Remember to pray for Carolyn and Jim P.'s Dad anad Bill C.

No comments: