Sunday, June 3, 2007

Dear Friend...

This is ending up as an interesting day.

The good part was that I got to go to church this morning and see Bill and Kathy. Boy, I sure missed them. Another good part was that I heard Carolyn was there also, although I didn't get to say hi to her. Please pray for her as she goes through what many of you have. It was good to hear that she was depending on the Lord.

But now my sob story. The good part for me was that when I went to the doctor the other day, she told me I didn't have to take insulin any more for my diabetes! I hadn't had to take hardly any insuling in the last 2 months as proved out by my lab tests for the last 3 months. I'm thankful for that.

Another good part was that I'm not in the hospital! Close, but not there. One of the problems I had while in the hospital was that I may have a staph infection in my left hip. That causes immense pain. Fortunately, pain pills help take care of about 90 percent of that. The bad part is that those same pills cause me to have blurriness of my eyesight. If you've been keeping up on me, you'll remember that a few weeks ago that I had cataract surgery on my left eye. I had been doing better than usual according to the doctor, but at my last exam he said I lost some of the better vision that I had regained. He didn't think it was due to anything from the surgery but a good possibility was the pain pills.

I've tried to get off the pills but as soon as they started wearing off, the pain comes back... big time! So for those of you that are praying for me. Please pray that this dilemma is resolved. You know I've told many of you that I'm not as concerned about my physical problems as I am about my spiritual attitude. Of course, I'm doing everything possible for the physical health, but that attitude problem is really getting to me. I'm not looking for pity, just trying to share some of the things I'm going through. There are a lot worse things that could happen to a person, but you know, it just gets to you some times.

No comments: