Thursday, June 19, 2008

Watch out for the apple cart!


Had another good dialysis today. Been feeling good for a week now.


So why upset the apple cart?


When I went through the issue with anxiety last week it convinced me to look for a new doctor that I'd have access to. She practices only about a mile from the house and I liked her. The thing is, if I went to her I could also go to the nephrologist (kidney doctor) in the same system. Right now my doctors aren't all together. The one dialysis doctor sees me once a week for about 30 - 60 seconds and says high and charges me $400+. It's not the money as much as he really doesn't know me (of course the money is an issue. I was just kidding!). I went to this new dialysis clinic today (courtesy of Larry C.) and talked to the people. They have 3.5 to 4 people per tech versus 6-8 people at the place I go to now. That means big time as far as the care you get.


Soooo. I'm praying about it and would appreciate your prayers and feed back. I'm starting to lean on the new place but we'll see.
p.s. Got to talk to Ken today. He was in pretty good spirits and seemed happy to see me. I told him I was glad to see him and that we were still praying for him. He always has a puzzled look on his face, like "why are you praying for me" . He gets real quiet. Please pray for this as it's hard to talk to him as he is just getting plugged in while I'm leaving. But I'm glad to see him and to be able to talk to him. My prayer is to tell him the next time why WE ARE praying for him.

No comments: