Monday, December 3, 2007

Getting catheter surgery today

Today about 1 pm, I'm going to have surgery to remove the catheter tubes from my chest. The tubes are stuck into my artery and vein. Because of complications from them in the past year, I've had to have 15 of them! So, finally after they remove them I'll be able to take a normal shower (bet you're glad).

The procedure should only take 15 minutes and most of the time it's no big deal, but most of the time when I go in, just before they start the procedure, I realize that this could be fatal. I've woken up during some of the procedures to find that the anesthetic has wore off and they are cutting on me without pain relief! During those times that I feel someone cutting on me, the doctor says, "hold still". Another time, they removed a tube and my artery went squirting all over the room and the blood hit one of the doctors in the eye.

Anyway, these are times that really makes life and death real. But for the most part, it is a simple procedure.

Really enjoyed the privilege to be able to go to church yesterday. We are so blessed in this country!

Love, Dan

No comments: