Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tues. - 04-24-07


Dialysis went well today.

Still having some pain from the arm surgery.

Will see the surgeon tomorrow to see how it's progressing and probably schedule the 2nd (and I hope last surgery) for this permanent access site.


I'm finally starting to feel better during dialysis so spent some time praying for Pastor's father-in-law and Carolyn's husband and others that come to mind. I'm looking forward to more good times like these.


Another blessing- Sher and Joy hooked me up so I can have internet access at dialysis. I'm hoping to use it to maybe update my blog, etc. We'll see how long the laptop goes. We have electricity there of course but they don't encourage using it. I think my laptop will go 10 minutes but we'll see.


I'm usually at dialysis for about 6 hours so I'd like to be more productive. Right now, I can sleep, watch tv, or listen to my satellite radio that I got from the girls for Christmas. It also let's me record the Sunday messages and listen to them. I put Phillipians on it that Bonnie gave me on DVD to listen so I can meditate on it. Last week I listened to Pastor's message on "Good for Nothing". Boy that was a good message on grace vs. works and a good salvation message. Coming from my religious background that was works-based I really enjoyed it. If you have someone you're trying to witness to, send them a link to the CBC audio pages on the website. http://www.communitybaptist.to/CBCMedia.htm .There's probably a hundred or more of the past messages. Each one is about 5 megabytes (on a cable hookup that takes about a minute or 2 to load) and are a great tool when you're trying to explain something about Christianity to a friend. Of course, first hand testimony is always a good way also.


It was good to hear Tracy's mom had somewhat good news from the doctor. Friends, you've been so good to me to pray for me, please pray for our friends at church. If I learned one thing through this adventure, is that besides the people Pastor asks us to pray for, there are a lot of "silent sufferers" in our church that aren't in the public eye. Take a moment even right now to pray for them before you leave this page.


Love in Christ,

Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan, Trying again to comment.....
I could really relate to your entry today about the needs of our people. Thanks for your words of encouragement,( I thot i was supposed to encourage you! Ha)
Went to see Augusta today, she looks good and is very happy about the report. They are planning a catscan and bone scan as follow up.
In Him, Benita